Monday, April 13, 2015
looking forward yet seeing the past
Two Fridays ago I went to a college soccer ID camp where many coaches were present, but I just went to follow a request to do so by a close prospect of mine, MIT. Going to such camps has been a common occurrence for me since I was a freshman, and I've usually been one of the youngest to attend because my parents like me to have an early start in the competitive world of getting into college. Through contacting many coaches because of soccer, my parents have put a bright, glaring spotlight on me and on the recruiting process. This summer, I plan to go to the East Coast and attend two ID camps and tour schools. Now let me tell you, choosing which ID camps to go to was an epic battle between my parents with me in the dead center. My mom wants me to go big or go home, and says I should go to the camps that the IVY's have to offer. My dad agrees on this for this summer, but wants me to apply to schools that I meet the requirements for. Both sides I like the ideas of and even though my dad's side is obviously the logical side, I can't help but inhale some of my mom's hopeful aura and state of mind that especially with soccer and my grades, anything is possible. Through these debates, I get to see the amount of time my parents have spent analyzing me and what their true thoughts about what I can achieve in life are. When I step back and watch, it is very heart-warming to see what light they think of me in but also drives me to hopefully prove them right and get into the best school I possibly can to make them proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment