Sunday, April 12, 2015

Springing into Break

This Spring Break I did something that deviated from the norm for most teenagers, I spent time with my family instead of friends. It turns out, I am so so happy I did that because I just get warm every time I think about them and how much fun I had with each member this past week. Being a teenager, I sometimes forget that I really do not spend that much quality time with my parents and sisters, but after this past week, I feel genuinely joyful. I was also nostalgic and some days brought back sweet memories, but even going to the movies with my dad was super fun and comforting. I think it is important for people of all ages to sometimes think back to those who have been by your side since the very beginning and although can get annoying at times, spending quality time with them can really brighten your day and theirs. You and your parents are always busy with work and are stressed, but family time always calms and brings smiles to faces and it is also noteworthy to say that spending time with your family instead of friends is just as important and still fun, too! So, with busy schedules and loads of stress, I challenge you to have at least one family dinner (hence the word FAMILY meaning everyone present) each week and try to talk to each other without getting into fights!

 Good Luck :) ,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment