Sunday, April 12, 2015

McFarland, USA

Yesterday I went to see a movie with my dad and sister, and my sister and I wanted to see a cute animated film, but my dad wanted to see this inspirational film called "McFarland". We eventually gave in after watching a tear-jerking commercial about the bond between a father and his daughter which pleased my dad and left us annoyed yet wanting to hug our dad too. The movie was about a group of Mexican pickers who wake up at dawn and work in the fields in extreme heat and then go to school all day, but through this exhausting work, they became fast runners. A football coach who was recently fired, moves to McFarland and after a few days, notices how fast one of the boy runs as he heads off to work. He then creates a cross-country team and these boys end up winning the state championships. These kids went from having nothing to getting an opportunity to turn their life around by instead of going to jail like most of their relatives have, they ran their way into college. This was a very inspirational story that allowed me to think that even when an outcome seems to be the only option present, I have the ability to change the future and through hard-work, anything is possible. I have the ability to change my destiny and become the person I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment