Sunday, April 12, 2015

SEAing things differently

Thirty minutes. It took me thirty good minutes to find a parking spot in my hometown by the beach. I could have spent those thirty minutes soaking up the sun or splashing in the waves. But on Saturday, the quaint little town of Manhattan Beach was a bubbling brew ready to boil! There were tons and tons of people heading towards the sand, many being tourists judging from their three too many bags and cameras in each pocket. I never truly realized how many people come to my city each year from all around the globe. I take this beautiful, safe, and nice neighborhood way too much for granted because I get to live here every day and travel five minutes to the gorgeous beach when some people travel hours to visit. I then became so thankful for my parents for setting up our home here and how wonderful the residents make our city so that it can not only be loved by us, but those who choose Manhattan Beach as their vacation destination.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! Over break I noticed the same thing and it made me realize how fortunate I am to be able to live in such a beautiful beach town.

    ReplyDelete